Coffee Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Bunton - I'll be Baby Spite

+13
cats-dogs-hamsters
leannem
streamdvd
GlennAmy
piperh
Bless01
Jonwon
chris8910
Queenslandaaaah
Tinytracey
Aqua_cool
nellz
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Emma Bunton - I'll be Baby Spite Empty Emma Bunton - I'll be Baby Spite

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:52 pm

DANCING On Ice judge Emma Bunton has vowed to ditch her cheeky Baby Spice image and hit this year's contestants with straight-talking "tough love".

The singer - due to give birth to her second child in April - wants the new batch of celebrity skaters to know motherhood won't make her a soft touch.

Instead, she's vowed to be brutally honest on her return and admits she's secretly pleased the judging panel has been slashed from five to three so she has more time to air her caustic criticisms.

Nicky Slater was axed and Karen Barber returns as head coach.

Emma, who judges alongside Olympic hero Robin Cousins and fashion guru Jason Gardiner, told TV Biz: "Having just three of us means it's more pressure on us - but it's given us the chance to deliver our opinions more.

"I will be harder than last year. I'm very honest and I won't shy away from constructive criticism."

Having appeared on Strictly Come Dancing, Emma knows what it's like to be publicly judged, but reckons she preferred negative comments rather than praise because she wanted to learn from her mistakes.

She said: "You want people to be honest with you.

"You want to grow and learn from your own experience."

She warned the contestants to listen to professionals Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean and concentrate on their routines.

Emma added: "It's great fun but you have to take it seriously.

"It's tough love. I can only go on how I felt and I wanted to keep learning. They have to give it everything they've got."

However, Emma worries that one contestant might leave her tongue-tied - ex-Neighbours star Craig McLachlan, who she used to fancy as a teenager.

She blushed: "Craig McLachlan... I used to have a crush on him when I was younger!

"So it will be interesting to see how he moves on the ice. I think it's a good line-up."

Kerry Katona, 30, and rapper Vanilla Ice, 43, are the first on the rink tomorrow, along with VC hero Johnson Beharry, 31, Coronation Street star Steven Arnold, 36, Jade Goody's ex Jeff Brazier, 31, TV host Nadia Sawalha, 46, broadcaster Angela Rippon, 66, and kids' TV star Laura Hamilton, 28.

The split between contestants means Emma will have to wait a week to see Craig, 45, and his dance partner Maria Filippov, who will be joined by Richard and Judy Madeley's daughter Chloe, 23, Frank Lampard's ex-fiancée Elen Rivas, 35, cricketer Dominic Cork, 39, Radio 1's "Comedy Dave" Dave Vitty, 36, Loose Woman Denise Welch, 52, Hollyoaks babe Jennifer Metcalfe, 27, and EastEnders star Sam Attwater, 24.

Emma thinks Vanilla Ice could be a dark horse.

She said: "He looks like he's done some ice hockey and seems to have good control and speed. He's confident on the ice. He might be a good one to watch."

But while she vowed to be tough, she admits she'll never be as cutting as her fellow panellist Jason, who last year found himself in hot water after he compared Sharron Davies to poo.

She said: "I might pinch him under the table if he's too naughty."

While she respects Jason's fashion knowledge, Emma revealed it is new mum Dannii Minogue she and pregnant Dancing On Ice host Holly Willoughby will be turning to for flattering maternity frocks.

She said: "I will still try and have lots of glitz and glamour while having a baby bump. When Dannii Minogue was pregnant and she wore her own dresses they looked wonderful - so I will try to nab a couple."

Dancing On Ice kicks off tomorrow on ITV1 at 6.30pm.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3337246/Dancing-On-Ice-judge-Emma-Bunton-vows-to-show-tough-love.html

Admin
Admin

https://coffeelounge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Emma Bunton - I'll be Baby Spite Empty Re: Emma Bunton - I'll be Baby Spite

Post by nellz Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:25 am

i can believe that. she was with her man in toys r us in north london acting like a diva. sad has been

nellz

Female Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua_cool Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am

so we now only have 1 skating expert on the panel!!!! What!!!!!

Aqua_cool

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinytracey Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 am

why she on this show....i cant stand her......Craig McLachlan to win....hes fit

Tinytracey

Back to top Go down

Post by Queenslandaaaah Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 am

Em was always MY favorite Spicey. We won't get to see this show in Oz - THAT'S GOOD.

Queenslandaaaah

Male Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by chris8910 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 am

Tinytracey wrote:why she on this show....i cant stand her......Craig McLachlan to win....hes fit

there you go, the program has not even started and you have already got your winner, not because he can skate but because he is fit, how shallow are you? I don`t know why they don`t just get some good looking guys to stand there and the women can vote for who they fancy, that way the contestants will not need to learn how to skate, or am I wrong to think that it is supposed to be a skateing competition.

chris8910

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonwon Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 am

Can she dance then? What exams passed her as a judge as I like Emma and do think she is a good role model for teenagers.

Jonwon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bless01 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 am

Can't understand why we only have one judge on the panel who is an actual ice skater, I think Nicky Slater should have stayed and one of the others should have gone at least he was a skater - what does Jason know about ice skating or Emma come to that!!

Bless01

Back to top Go down

Post by piperh Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:31 am

They have ruined any credibilty this show had by only having 1 Knowledgable skater as a judge. I love the show but it needs a balanced judging panel, agree Karen Barber needed to go she was to involved with the skaters and often had a personal interest.

piperh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinytracey Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:32 am

chris8910 wrote:
Tinytracey wrote:why she on this show....i cant stand her......Craig McLachlan to win....hes fit

there you go, the program has not even started and you have already got your winner, not because he can skate but because he is fit, how shallow are you? I don`t know why they don`t just get some good looking guys to stand there and the women can vote for who they fancy, that way the contestants will not need to learn how to skate, or am I wrong to think that it is supposed to be a skateing competition.

did you get out of the wrong side of the bed...i can do and say what i like.....MUPPET

Tinytracey

Back to top Go down

Post by GlennAmy Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:33 am

Lets hope her skating is better than her presenting skills...

GlennAmy

Back to top Go down

Post by streamdvd Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 am

i wish Heart would replace this sleep inducer have to change channels everytime she speaks

streamdvd

Back to top Go down

Post by leannem Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 am

emma seems sweet and nice but her opnion on the dancing means nothing to me because she doesn't know anything aout ice skating so its pretty pointless her even being a judge

leannem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua_cool Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:36 am

piperh wrote:They have ruined any credibilty this show had by only having 1 Knowledgable skater as a judge. I love the show but it needs a balanced judging panel, agree Karen Barber needed to go she was to involved with the skaters and often had a personal interest.

you have mis-read the story!! Karen Barber is coming back as head judge and the only professional skater on the judging panel! I do agree with your comments that she gets too involved with the coaching, whereas Robin and Nicky both scored on technical ability!

Aqua_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by cats-dogs-hamsters Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 am

can't stand her who does she think she is criticising skaters for something she can't do herself

cats-dogs-hamsters

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartanmonster Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 am

Karen is not judging this series - she is head coach. The judges are Robin, Jason and Emma.

Tartanmonster

Back to top Go down

Post by jessicauk Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 am

only one of the three judges is a professional, not fair. no respect to those professional skaters either.

jessicauk

Back to top Go down

Post by Baneek Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 am

Why 'Axe' the Pro skater ( Nicky Slater ) and keep a 'singer' as a judge? Unbelievable.

Baneek

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryS Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 am

WTF is Chloe Madeley doing as a 'celebrity'? Her 2 claims to fame are a: being the daughter of 2 has been presenters and b: crashing her car whilst being over the limit and doing a runner. Great standards there for being a celeb. Has she even got an Equity card?????

BarryS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum